Wednesday 12 September 2007

QTP: Migration part 2

Done converting xls -> SQL Server...so far everything seems OK

Last week I 'discovered' the Dictionary Object...seems perfect when to pass/get parameters from a function (I don't use Actions). So now I am converting my test case functions using Dictionary Object instead of ordinary variables.

+ Easy to add parameters
+ Allows optional parameters
+ Allows multiple output values
+ Since my test parameters are now in a table (pair-wise) I can have a Dictionary Object with the entire recordset (select parameter_name, parameter_value where test_case_id = ...) which is easy to merge with my global test parameters (test environment etc) and have it in my call to a test case.

Set objTCOutputData = MyTestCase (objTCInputData)

- Values in a Dictionary Object are not visible when debugging :-(

No comments: