Thursday 25 September 2008

Java: Test Frameworks and the weather

I have come to a conclusion to use existing test frameworks (JUnit...) in combination with my own when converting tests from VBScript into Java so I do not need to "re-invent the wheel". However I will reuse some features in my own framework which I have not found in existing ones.

The biggest advantage so far using Java instead of VBScript is that it makes it easier to collaborate with the Dev guys since we now "speaks the same langauge". So now we have a common build and testing project where we have set up a Hudson project where builds and tests runs several times a day continously. You get a dashboard view of the status for each release:



Did I mentioned I love dashboards...and being a Swede, also talking about the weather...

:-)

No comments: